04 November 2010

11 in '11

Did you hear I'm running eleven half marathons in 2011? Yes, it's true! Before tackling my first full marathon in 2012, I decided to challenge myself with eleven 13.1 mile races in 2011. It's a very fun, manageable yet challenging distance to tackle -- and "11 in '11" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? 144.1 miles,  not to mention all the training runs, plus 5Ks and 10Ks I'll undoubtedly register for as well. 

Many friends have expressed interest in running some races with me, so after weeks of planning I've come up with a fairly solid calendar. It's still open to some tweaking as I have not officially registered for many of these races and may decide to run others once I have a better sense of my class and work schedule.


Sunday, 20 February
Hampton Beach, NH
My childhood friend, fellow foodie and new nutritionist Erin is also running this race

RACE 2
Sunday, 20 March
New Bedford, MA

RACE 3
Sunday, 3 April
Exeter, NH
  
RACE 4
Sunday, 15 May (race date is not finalized)
Newton, MA

RACE 5
Sunday, 29 May
Boston, MA

RACE 6
Saturday, 25 June
Seattle, WA
Girls weekend in one of my absolute favorite cities with some wonderful, fast ladies!

RACE 7
Saturday, 7 August
Providence, RI

RACE 8
Saturday, 10 September
Plymouth, MA

RACE 9
Saturday, 24 September (race date is not finalized)
Hollis, NH 

RACE 10
Sunday, 9 October  (race date is not finalized)
Boston, MA
Can't wait to run this again and see how much progress I have made in running half marathons in one year

RACE 11  I haven't decided yet!
Sunday, 6 November  (race date is not finalized)
York, ME
OR 
Sunday, 6 November  (race date is not finalized)
Manchester, NH

I still have one more half marathon in 2010 -- the Chilly Half Marathon in Newton on Sunday, 14 November. I'm also seriously considering doing a detox/cleanse in January to start the year off refreshed from the holidays and ready for a busy 2011! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THis idea!! may have to crash one of your (local) 13 mile parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that is very impressive!!! I'm glad to know about all these runs though as I've been thinking about doing one in the spring!

    ReplyDelete