09 August 2010

Nutrition Goal - Week of August 9, 2010

I recently had the brilliant idea that each week I am going to create a nutrition goal for myself in order to improve my overall diet, health and wellbeing. Each week's goal will carry over into the next and therefore become a standard of my daily life. This means by the end of 2010 I will have made 21 changes in my life! Making small changes transitions into making big changes. I hope you may also be inspired to analyze your diet and do the same.




My goal for this week is to replace skim milk with almond milk in my breakfast cereal. I love milk more than most adults and don't understand why so many people stop drinking milk when they grow up. From reading books like The Kind Diet plus articles and blog posts, as well as ongoing stomach discomfort, I am beginning to question my body's ability to process lactose. I already used almond milk when making smoothies, so it's not a new food being added to my diet, but rather a substitution. We'll see if I notice any difference in my body after making this adjustment.

I have been purchasing Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, which is in shelf-stable packing for $1.99 at both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. Only 40 calories, 3 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein and 0 grams of sugar in each serving of this lactose free, low glycemic and gluten free beverage. Try it out! There are even coupons $1 off coupons available on their website.

2 comments:

  1. Gina, I love this idea! I already do something similar with my fitness approach, and it totally makes sense to carry over to my nutrition as well. thanks for the awesome inspiration ... love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Andi! I love your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete